It is exasperating when your children have ZILLIONS of toys, but still come to you saying they can’t find anything to do. Does cleaning the mess in your child’s room feel like a pointless project that will never end?
Have no fear – The Playroom Fairy’s Optimization Service can resolve these problems and much more!
Due to a number of cultural changes, play is disappearing from the lives of children today. In the face of this problem, parents need to foster this essential piece of their children’s development more actively, by providing an environment at home that nurtures growth and development, and by enriching children’s play – The Playroom Fairy helps parents do just that. We create high-end, functional playroom designs, and regularly maintain the space including rotation of toys and integration of recommended play materials. We also give personalized parental support by providing emotional and behavioral strategies and teaching materials.
An Optimized Playroom:
- Is safe, flexible, and has space for physically active play.
- Has multi-use spaces/surfaces for developmentally appropriate activities.
- Is stocked with a suitable number of hand-picked dynamic, multi-use props, fun and educational toys and games, books, art supplies, and manipulatives like Play-Doh or clay, or small rock collections.
- Has a toy rotation system in place, as well as items like art supplies that are always available for children to access on their own.
- Is organized in such a way that the appropriate items are accessible to the child, and others are nearby, but require assistance to reach.
- Everything has a place, and when maintained, things are regularly put away and rotated, so the space remains fresh and useable.
How an Optimized Playroom Benefits your Child:
- Foster children’s independence with an optimized environment that helps them become more confident, creative and internally motivated.
- Make life easier by giving children opportunities to learn ways to occupy themselves, delay gratification, and innovate in response to problems – They learn how to come up with their own ideas, and they learn that they always have multiple options available for activities if boredom should strike.
- Nurture their natural motivation to master what is just beyond their current ability – Enrich their development with educational toys to challenge them, expose them to new subjects through books and stories, and allow them to engage in hands-on experiences of discovery and exploration.
- Provide safe space for essential full body physical activity – reducing risk of childhood obesity – The more physicality encouraged during play, the less misbehavior your child will exhibit. Due to the fundamentally stress-reducing nature of a bit of wild and raucous fun, children are also calmer for longer periods of time after vigorous physical play – a focused time for better learning.
- Help children develop a respect for cleanliness and organization by having a place for everything and everything in its place – Children feel secure when they are always able to find their favorite toy in its rightful place. Children learn to be more self-reliant, and are empowered as a part of the household community when they take care of their own things.
- Help your child develop a positive sense of self in a flexible and safe environment where there are no right or wrong ways to do things – the goal is simply to play!
How an Optimized Playroom Benefits You, the Parent:
- Spend only minutes providing adult guidance and participating to get your child started with a self-directed activity.
- Reclaim more space in your home – When children have a dedicated space of their own, there is no need to have toys littering every room of the house.
- Have the tools at hand to help your child engage in developmentally and educationally beneficial Self-Directed Play.
- Enjoy more free time and space to take care of yourself and your home.
- Invite friends over to enjoy your playroom and you may even get to socialize while your kids are happy, learning, and growing together.
With the help of The Playroom Fairy, you can trust that your child is in a safe space, engaged in self-directed activities that nurture their academic, physical, emotional and social development.
Whether you enjoy immersing yourself in the world of play with your child,
Or simply need more time to do the things that adults need to do,
An Optimized Playroom brings the best of both worlds to you.